Preliminary schedule – may be subject to minor changes.
Location: T-room (1st floor), Evolution house, Edinburgh.
To plan for the event, please keep the following in mind:
- Familiarise yourself with publicly-available data and visualisation ideas, and visualization tools.
- Complete a 1-hour orientation with uCreate Studio at the University of Edinburgh if you are interested in making things. The studio will be available to workshop participants during the event weekend.
Kick-off: – Friday, 16 March 2018 – 5:30-8pm
- 4:30pm – door opening, socializing, meeting the organizers
- 5:00pm – Opening
- 5:15pm – Keynote Doreen Grove (Scottish Government)
- 6:00pm – Data holders and challenges
- 6:30pm – Team formation, meeting the data challenge providers, mingling as long as you like. Beverages provided.
Day 1:Visualising! – Saturday, 17 March 2018 – 9am-5pm
- 9am – Breakfast and coffee
- 9:30am – General introduction and workshop pitches
- 10:30am – Develop visualization ideas
- 11:30am – Workshops (running parallel)
- 1:00am – Lunch
- 2:00pm – Design sprints
- 5pm – Brief group idea sharing
- 7pm – Close
Day 2:Visualising…and Feedback Event – Sunday, 18 March 2018 – 9:30am-6pm
- 9:30am – Breakfast and brief welcome
- 9:35am – Scrum design sprints / open working
- 12:30pm – Lunch
- 1:30pm – More design sprints / open working
- 3pm – Work on final presentations
- 4pm – Final presentations to data collaborators and others. Depending on number of groups, we are aiming for 10-15 min presentation per group, including questions.
- 5pm – Closing reception and feedback panel discussion.